How do I change my user password, and what if I forgot my password?
The system administrator will have assigned a password for you. This password is your unique key into the database and should not be shared with others. Please refer to the FAQ titled: How to choose a good (strong) password? to learn about proper password security.
Your Neoserra system administrator will also determine whether you can retrieve your password if/when you have forgotten it; and your Neoserra administrator will determine whether users can change their own password, or not. If these features have not been enabled in your database then you may want to contact your database administrtor and ask them to enable these options as discussed below.
In this FAQ we will discuss:
- How do I change my password?
- How do I retrieve my password?
- How does my administrator enable this feature?
Your password may expire periodically or you may simply want to change your password periodically. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log into Neoserra.
- Click on your name in the upper right hand corner and then select Preferences.
- On the Preferences page, click the "Change" link in the top section.
- This will open the Change Password window. Enter your old password first, then type your new password twice, and click Save.
- Click the "Forgot password?" link on the home page:
Note: This link will only appear if this feature has been enabled by your Neoserra administrator, as discussed below.?
- Next you will be asked to provided the email address associated with your user account:
- Enter in your email address and click Submit.
- An email been will be sent to the email address provided, with instructions on how to complete your password recovery. It may take a few minutes depending upon your email server.
- Once you receive the email you have 12 hours to click on the link provided:
The link provided in the email will expire for security reasons. If you don't complete the password recovery process within the time provided then you will need to reinitiate the process again.
- Provide a new password, and enter it twice:
- Neoserra will log you in with your new password, and your password will be reset to the new password entered.
If you have forgotten your password, then you can retrieve it as follows:
As noted above, the "Forgot Password" link will only be provided on the Neoserra login page if this feature has been enabled by your Neoserra administrator. This feature is configured under the Administration|Configuration|General Settings menu:
The administrator can also set X number of days when a password will expire. The number of days of expiration will be applied from the last date that the password was changed. Setting X to zero essentially inactivates this feature. If the password expiration feature is enabled, then you should also allow users to change their own password unless the administrator wants to change everyone's password.
Want more? Browse our extensive list of Neoserra FAQs.