How to choose a good strong password?
Your Neoserra password is the key to your Neoserra account, you need to safeguard it! Anyone who has your password can get into Neoserra and review your clients' private and confidential information. Anyone who can guess your password has it. Anyone who has your password can send email as your center. Therefore, you may be held responsible for someone else's actions, if they are able to get your password. This is something to guard against, at all costs.
The Neoserra system administrator can dictate the minimum required strength and determine whether the password will expire, or not:
Administrators, please refer to the following FAQ.
Tips on safegarding your password
There are a few basic tip on safeguarding passwords:
- Never give your password to anyone
- Make your password something you can remember so that you don't have to write it down
- Make your password difficult to guess
- Change your password regularly
How to choose a GOOD password
The following guidelines help create good passwords:
- Passwords should be at least eight characters long - ideally longer
- Mix upper and lower case characters
- Include punctuation characters in your password - ideally in the middle
- Deliberately mis-spell words in unique and unusual ways
- Be as random as possible with your password!
How NOT to choose a password
The following types of passwords are easily cracked by hackers and should be avoided at all times:
- Words in the English dictionary
- Words in any international dictionary
- Your username should never be your password
- Any version of your name should never be your password
- Your family member names should never be your password
Please refer to the FAQ titled: How do I change my user password? to learn how to change your password.
Want more? Browse our extensive list of Neoserra FAQs.