Understanding the Small Business Technical Assistance Expansion Program (SB TAEP)
This scorecard is based upon the TAEP reporting requirements. In order for a counseling session, milestone or capital funding event to be considered by the Small Business Technical Assistance Expansion Program (SB TAEP) scorecard, the session records must have the Reportable? check box selected; have a date in the Reporting Date field for capital funding records or have a date in the Date field for milestone records that falls within the reporting period; be categorized under the funding funding sources specified in the scorecard definition; and be assigned to the center (or one of the centers) specified in the scorecard definition.
Almost all line items are broken out in the following categories:
- WOMAN-OWNED Clients
- Note: This line item looks at woman-ownership not at the gender of the primary contact.
- BLACK OR AFRICAN-AMERICAN Clients
- ASIAN Clients
- NATIVE AMERICAN OR ALASKA NATIVE Clients
- NATIVE HAWAIIAN OR PACIFIC ISLANDER Clients
- HISPANIC OR LATINX Clients
- VETERAN-OWNED Clients
- Note: This line item looks at veteran-ownership not at the veteran status of the primary contact.
- LOW-WEALTH Clients (Based on City/County)
- Note: This line item looks clients located in the counties of: Del Norte, Fresno, Imperial, Kern, Merced, Tehama and Tulare; OR the cities of: Adelanto, Arcata, Arvin, Avenal , Banning, Barstow, Bell, Bell Gardens, Blythe, Brawley, Calexico, California City, Calipatria, Chico, Clearlake, Coachella, Coalinga, Compton, Corcoran, Corning, Crescent City, Cudahy, Davis, Delano, Desert Hot Springs, Dinuba, Dorris, El Cajon, El Centro, Eureka, Exeter, Farmersville Firebaugh Fort Jones, Fresno , Grass Valley, Hawaiian Gardens, Hemet, Holtville, Huntington Park, Huron, King City, Lancaster, Lindsay, Live Oak, Madera, Maricopa, Marysville, Maywood, McFarland, Mendota, Merced, Mount Shasta , Needles Nevada City, Orange Cove, Orland, Oroville , Parlier, Porterville, Portola , Red Bluff, Reedley, San Bernardino, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, Sanger, Santa Cruz, Selma, Shafter, Sonora, Taft, Tehachapi, Tehama, Tulelake, Twentynine Palms, Victorville, Wasco, Weed, Westmorland, Willits, Woodlake , Yreka. of the primary contact.
- RURAL Clients
- DISASTER-IMPACTED Clients
- For purposes of the 2020-2021 reporting years, all clients are considered to be impacted by disaster.
The only TAEP reporting requirement that the scorecard is not able to track is business re-starts, since this is not something that is tracked natively in Neoserra.
Want more? Browse our extensive list of Neoserra FAQs.