How do I inactivate a counselor and transfer that counselors' clients to a different counselor?
When a counselor leaves your program it is important, from a security standpoint, that you inactivate their user account. Additionally, you should inactivate their counselor record so that they no longer appear in the drop down of counselors, and lastly you should consider transferring the counselor's clients to another counselor.
You must be a Neoserra system administrator in order to access the features described in this FAQ.
Inactivating User Accounts
The first, and most important step to take when a counselor leaves your program is to inactivate their login account. To inactivate an account enter administrator-mode and go to Administration|Accounts.
Find the account associated with the departing counselor and inactivate their login account by clicking the Inactivate link at to top of their record:
As soon as you do, you will notice that Neoserra will also automatically inactivate the counselor record:
Neoserra will only know to inactivate a counselor record that is directly linked to the user account. If there are any other counselor records in the database that need to be inactivated then you should follow the steps as outlined below.
Once a counselor leaves your program you also don't want them to appear in active listing of counselors anymore. Neoserra will automatically inactivate counselors that are associated with a user account that is being inactivated. However, there may also be times when you need to inactivate a counselor record independent of their user account. To inactivate a counselor, click on View|Counselors and find the departing counselor's name. Edit their record and change their status from "Active" to "Inactive."
If one counselor leaves your program and another counselor takes over their clients then you may want to transfer those clients to the new counselor. To find all clients belonging to a particular counselor follow these steps:
- Enter administrator-mode.
- Go to the center that the counselor belonged to.
- Click View|Counselors and click on the counselor's name.
- In the right hand margin, you will see the clients associated with that counselor:
- Click on the number of clients belonging to this counselor (in the example above, you would click on the link titled: 68 Clients.)
- With the clients belonging to the departed counselor listed on the screen, select More|Update Clients from the right hand side of the screen.
- Choose the "Primary Counselor" field to update and then select the new counselor where these clients need to be transferred to. You can uncheck those clients that you do not wish to transfer to the new counselor.
- Click "Save" to make the transfer.
Note:Transferring clients from one counselor to another will not affect any of the past activity.
Want more? Browse our extensive list of Neoserra FAQs.