Understanding the COVID-19 Related Metric Scorecard
As the world adapts to the circumstances surrounding the COVID crisis, Neoserra has been enhanced with the COVID-19 Related Metric Scorecard to help you measure the impact of the crisis on your client base.
NOTE: OutreachSystems hopes that this scorecard will help you, and your program, measure the impact of the crisis on your services and the community in general. However, it should be noted that this scorecard is a Neoserra scorecard. It is neither approved nor recognized by any specific funding entity such as DLA or SBA. SBA has created three short-term goals that can be tracked on the CARES Metric Scorecard.
This FAQ is divided into five main sections:
- Line Items 1-5: Number of Businesses and Individuals Receiving Disaster-Related Assistance
- Line Items 6-8: Number of Jobs Supported of Clients Receiving Disaster-Related Training/Counseling
- Line Items 9-12: Disaster-Related Capital Assistance
- Line Items 13-16: Total Disaster-Related Hours
- Line Items 17-20: Disaster-Related Client Impact
- Have the Reportable? check box selected
- Have the COVID-19 Related? check box selected on the session or inquiry record
- Have a date in the Reporting Date field for capital funding and training event records, or have a date in the Date field for counseling session, inquiry session or milestone records that falls within the reporting period
- Be assigned to the center or counselor specified in the scorecard definition (only applicable if the scorecard's output is restricted to a single center or counselor)
- Be categorized under the funding funding sources specified in the scorecard definition. If you choose to track your COVID activity under a separate and custom funding source, then your administrator can go to Administration|Configuration|Picklists and create a custom code.
- Be categorized under the sub-funding funding sources specified in the scorecard definition. SBA has created the CARES sub-funding source to track your CARES activity separate from your core activity. OutreachSystems has created a custom CARES Metric Scorecard which is includes the SBA's three short term goals for the CARES program. This COVID-19 Related scorecard is designed to track the COVID impact on your community above and beyond the SBA's three goals.
Note: Pre-clients with reportable sessions that meet the criteria above will be included in the scorecard.
The first 4 line items of the COVID-19 Related Metric Scorecard tracks the impact on both clients AND contacts Please note that this section mixes apples and pineapples! Clients and contacts are not the same! Clients should have a signed client agreement with your program, contacts are individuals who may have had a casual contact with your program. You cannot add these line items together to find the total impact! One client may have multiple contacts that seek assistance.
- Line Item 2: Clients with Disaster-Related Counseling
- Line Item 3: Clients with Disaster-Related Training/Counseling
- Line Item 4: Contacts with Disaster-Related Inquiries
- Line Item 5: Contacts with Disaster-Related Training/Inquiries
This calculation counts all unique clients who have received assistance that is "COVID-19 Related." The specific area of counseling is not taken into account, since disaster assistance takes many different forms, from financial assistance to human resource assistance to marketing assistance. This line item specifically looks to see if the "COVID-19 Related?" checkbox has been checked:
Clients with multiple COVID-19 related counseling sessions will only be counted once.
This line item provides a unique count of clients who have received either COVID-19 Related counseling assistance and/or who have received training assistance where the training event has COVID-19 as one of the selected training topics. If a client received both one-on-one assistance and they received training, then they will only be counted as one client in this line item.
Note: This line item will only include events hosted by the center(s) specified in the definition and clients belonging to these same center(s).
This calculation counts all people who have contacted your program with questions that were "COVID-19 Related" as recorded in the inquiries record. This line item does NOT include counseling activity with clients - it only takes the inquiries record into account. This line item specifically looks to see if the "COVID-19 Related?" checkbox has been checked on the inquiries record, and, of course, the "Reportable?" checkbox has been turned on:
Contacts with multiple inquiry records will be counted only once in this line item.
As noted in the introduction of this section, apples and pineapples are not the same! Whereas line item #2 calculates client activity, this line item calculates interactions with contacts. This line item takes both inquiry records into account, as well as training events. The reason the difference between apples and pineapples is worth mentioning again, is because a client may have two contacts both of whom attended training, in this line item both contacts would be counted.
Thus, for this line item, Neoserra looks to see how many unique individual people have received disaster related assistance as tracked in a reportable inquiry record with the "COVID-19 Related?" checkbox turned on; or received disaster related training where COVID-19 is one of the training topics selected. Again, for purposes of extra redundancy, it should be noted that a client with two contacts, both of whom attended a COVID-19 related training event will both be counted in this line item.
Note: If your definition is limited to a single center, then ONLY events hosted by that center will be considered, and only attendees belonging to that same center will be considered.
The next section measures the total number of jobs affected by the COVID disaster as measured by the number of clients seeking disaster-related counseling and/or training assistance:
- Line Item 7: Full-time Jobs Supported of Clients Receiving Disaster-Related Training/Counseling
- Line Items 8: Part-time Jobs Supported of Clients Receiving Disaster-Related Training/Counseling
The first line item in this section counts the total number of full-time employees belonging to clients who have received either COVID-19 related counseling assistance and/or training. Employees belonging to clients with only COVID-19 related inquiry records will not be included in this calculation.
The second line item in this section counts the total number of part-time employees belonging to clients who have received either COVID-19 related counseling assistance and/or training. Employees belonging to clients with only COVID-19 related inquiry records will not be included in this calculation.
The next section specifically looks at capital assistance records. It breaks down as follows:
- Line Item 10: Number of Unique Client Receiving Disaster-Related Capital Assistance
- Line Item 11: Number of Disaster-Related Capital Funding Transactions Approved
- Line Item 12: Amount of Disaster-Related Capital Funding Transactions Approved
The first line item in this section counts the total number of unique clients who have sought capital assistance counseling. This line item only counts clients with counseling sessions that are marked with a "Counseling Area" of "Financing/Capital" and where the "COVID-19 Related?" checkbox has been marked:
This second line item counts the number of capital funding sessions that have been approved where the "COVID-19 Related?" checkbox has been marked, regardless of the type of loan that is checked:
This next line item counts the dollar amount of the capital funding sessions that have been approved where the "COVID-19 Related?" checkbox has been marked.
Next, we will look at the hours spent assisting the community with issues related to COVID-19. In this section we will look at counseling time, inquiry time and training time:
- Line Item 14: Client Prep/Contact Hours
- Line Item 15: Inquiry Contact Hours
- Line Item 16: Training Event Hours
The first line item of this section counts total prep and contact time recorded in all reportable counseling session records where the "COVID-19 related?" checkbox has been turned on:
The second line item of this section counts all contact time recorded in all reportable inquiry records where the "COVID-19 Related" checkbox has been turned on:
This last line item of this section counts all training time recorded in all reportable training event records where COVID-19 is selected as one of the training topics:
This last section looks specifically at the negative impact the COVID crisis has had on your clients as recorded in the three impact milestones listed below where the "COVID-19 Related?" checkbox has been checked:
- Permanently Closed Business
- Temporarily Closed Business
- Temporarily Altered Business
Clients will be counted uniquely within each line item, but keep in mind that a client could be counted across multiple line items. Consider a client who initially tries to alter their business model to meet the changing COVID economy. Subsequently, the client decides to temporarily close their business because demand is not sufficient to sustain their altered operations. After several months, the business decides to permanently close their doors. This same client will be counted in all three line items.
Want more? Browse our extensive list of Neoserra FAQs.