How to add a link to your logo in your signature block in a third-party email application?
One of the easiest ways to get your logo in front of your customers, is to put it in every email you send. However, rather than attaching the logo to each email message, OutreachSystems recommends that you link to your logo instead. This has several benefits:
- First of all, it reduces the clutter in your Neoserra attachments! If you send the logo file with each email, and you record these email messages in Neoserra using the postbox feature, then every logo sent becomes a file attachment in your attachment directory. Sending the logo as a link will avoid this.
- Secondly, it is nicer for your clients too, to receive a link rather than file that also clutters up their file system.
- And while logo files generally speaking are not very large, it still increases the size of every message that you send.
OK, so how do we link to the file, rather than attach it? First of all, your logo will need to be publicly accessible on the internet. You will need to know the URL that references to your logo. If you don't have a URL for your logo, then you may want to create one. This page should not have any other design or copy elements on it. Just your logo file. You don?t need to link to it from any other pages on your site. No one will ever visit this page. All you are doing is creating a page from which your email application can pull your logo each time you send an email.
Next, the steps depend upon your default email application. In this FAQ, we will discuss the two more popular email applications, along with including a link in your Neoserra emails:
- Adding a logo link in my Gmail signature block
- Adding a logo link in my Outlook signature block
- Adding a logo link in my Neoserra signature block
The following instructions are specifically for creating an email signature in Gmail.
- In Gmail, you will find the Email Signature Tool in the settings (click the gear icon at the top right side of the page, then select "Settings" from the menu. The Signature form is near the bottom of the page.
- Next add the personal information you want to appear in all of your outgoing emails. Most people add information like name, title, web address, phone, fax, and email address.
- Click the Insert Image button (that's the gray box with the mountain icon). This will bring up an "Add Image" box that allows you to paste in your logo's web address. Once you see the preview and make sure your logo looks right, hit "OK".
The following instructions are specifically for creating an email signature in Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and select Options from the Tools drop down menu.
- Find the Signatures section on the panel and click the Signatures button.
- Either create a new signature or edit an existing one.
- Add the personal information you want to appear in all of your outgoing emails. Most people add information like name, title, web address, phone, fax, and email address.
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the image, click the Insert Picture button.
- At the bottom of the resulting window find the File path box and paste the full URL of the internet image you want to use. Then click the downward arrow next to the Insert button and select Link to File.
You can also send email messages from Neoserra. While we generally speaking don't recommend that you do this for one-on-one emails, we do highly recommend the Neoserra email capabilities for bulk emails. You will need to decide if you want to include your logo in your bulk emails, but assuming you do then you will want to go to your personal Preferences by clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner of the Neoserra interface.
Scroll to the Neoserra Email section of your personal preferences to edit your signature block for all emails generated from Neoserra. To add your center's logo you will not merely want to paste the image in the signature block, instead you will need to use a full URL that refers to the logo image somewhere on the internet. The Neoserra application doesn't even allow you to include the actual image file. Using a URL is actually much better since it takes the load off the mail systems, stops needless copies of the image, and allows the browsers/mail applications to cache the object.
To insert an image, follow these steps:
- Open your Preferences page and scroll to the Email Signature block.
- Put in your name, address, phone and email information, as appropriate.
- To add your image click Insert|Insert Image.
- In the source field, put the full public URL to your image file. The URL should look something similar to:
- Add a description if you would like, and put specific dimensions, as appropriate.
- Click OK, to save your image and you should see it in your signature block:
Want more? Browse our extensive list of Neoserra FAQs.