How do I schedule reports and scorecards?
Any report or scorecard can be scheduled to run on a recurring basis. The results of a scheduled report are emailed to one or more recipients.
Follow these steps to schedule a report or scorecard in Neoserra:
- Select Manage|Scheduled Reports from Neoserra's menu.
- Click the New button to create a scheduled report record:
- The Center field identifies the center under which this report is being scheduled. It has no bearing on the data included in the report but it will determine the sender's email address that is used when the report is sent to the recipients of the scheduled report.
- If you are ready to enable your scheduled report upon setup then leave the Enabled? checkbox turned on. If you don't want to enable this report yet, then uncheck the box.
- Using the Schedule and Schedule Details fields in combination to schedule the report to recur on a weekly or monthly basis.
- From the Report Type field's drop-down menu, select the type of report/scorecard you would like to schedule:
Note: Scheduled reports and scorecards run in the early morning hours on the days you specify.
- Report. If you're scheduling a built-in or custom report, select the type of report you would like to schedule (e.g. client, contact, counseling session, etc.).
- Scorecard Run Definition. If you're scheduling a scorecard, select this option.
- Goal Set. If you're scheduling a scorecard with goals attached to it and would like those goals to be part of the output, select this option. When you schedule a goal set, you can choose to have either the columnar version of the scorecard output emailed to you, or the graphical version of the scorecard. For more information on scorecard goal sets.
Important: If you're scheduling a scorecard definition or goal set, it's likely that you'll want to leave the default subset data in place here. This default data represents the run parameters associated with the definition or goal record that you're scheduling.
Note: If you're scheduling a scorecard definition or goal set, this filter selection is unavailable; instead, Neoserra will use the center restrictions associated with the definition or goal record that you're scheduling.
- Normal generates your report output in a viewer-friendly and printer-friendly HTML format.
- Export Format generates your report output in a comma-delimited format.
- Dashboard (Graph), only available for scheduled goal sets, generates your report output as a bar chart focused solely on goal progress.
Run, Edit, Delete
Once you have configured your new scheduled report and saved your settings, you will see three command options at the top of the screen: Run, Edit and Delete:
The "Run" command offers two options:
- View: This option allows you to see the report that the recipient were to receive if the report was sent right now. The report is not actually emailed to the recipient but rather is shown on the screen for review purposes.
- Email: This option allows you to manually send the report to the designated recipient(s). Again, this is probably only done for testing purposes, because going forward the report will run automatically, but this step will help ensure that you have entered a correct email address.
The "Edit" command allows you to make changes to the scheduled report settings as required; and the "Delete" option allows you to delete the report, assuming you have the necessary permissions.
How do I know if the report was sent?
Each time a scheduled report is mailed to the specified recipients the success or failure is logged in the Neoserra Audit Logs. You can see whether a scheduled report was sent by clicking on Administration|Audit Data Changes. You can filter by the "Scheduled Reports" form:
Want more? Browse our extensive list of Neoserra FAQs.